- COORDINATES: 39.882993, -76.982547 (Possible original location). Marker has been installed at the Borough office.
- COUNTY: Adams
- DISTANCE TO NEXT: East Berlin - 3
- EXPLANATION OF NAME: Planned and Named for John Abbott
- FOUNDED: 1756
- MANUFACTURER: Carlisle Foundry Company
- SHAPE: Standard 1-sided
- STATUS: Found broken in PennDOT storage area in 2012. Was restored by Borough in 2015, A sign-less post from another town was obtained and as of Nov. 2019 this marker and post have been installed at the Borough office.
Marker found in storage at PennDot. Turned over to mayor of Abbottstown Dec. 2012 for restoration.
Nov 2012 photo by J. Graham
2015 photo by Perry Shearer
Photo of news item by Borough
January 2020 photo by JGl
December 2020 photo by Mike Wintermantel
Marker Installed at Borough Office