History: Creek named for Colonel John Henry Antes, who built Fort Antes, a stockade surrounding his nearby home circa 1778 at the time of the American Revolution.
Status: This is a one sided stream sign, but the letters are not cast. The marker itself was produced “blank”, and lettering was originally painted on. Repainted and vinyl adhesive lettering applied by Jim Carn 2010.
PA Route 44 near town of Antes Fort