- COORDINATES: 40.235054, -76.944057 These coordinates are for the new location as of 2020.
- COUNTY: Cumberland
- DISTANCE TO NEXT: Dillsburg - 12 This information is likely now incorrect based on the marker's new location. Towns often sadly remove this line from markers when they get repositioned, so fortunately that did not happen with this one.
- EXPLANATION OF NAME: Named From Adjoining Camp Ground
- FOUNDED: 1756
- MANUFACTURER: Carlisle Foundry Company
- SHAPE: Standard 1-sided
- STATUS: Marker was moved to the State Street location from its original spot, as that was not an "entrance road" into the borough. In 2020, borough repaired and repainted this marker and relocated it again to the west border along Trindle Road. Ball Finial missing from post.
2013 photo by J. Graham
May 2014 photo by J. Berst
Was at State Street at 14th Street for several years. Borough has relocated it to Trindle Road (PA Route 641) at the west border of the Borough near Fallowfield Road.
June 2020 photo by B. Shartle.