Meadville, PA 16335
This is a “variant” sign like those sometimes found at Borough lines. It is not Keystone Shaped. Sign states:
MEADVILLE – HOME OF ALLEGHENY COLLEGE FOUNDED 1815
There are two of them here. One is near 984 Washington Street (Left photo below). The other is at the intersection of Baldwin St. and Glenwood Ave. Both of these are being restored (2017) by Jeff Little. Photos of unrestored markers are date unknown.
A recently discovered undated photo of the old Mead Street bridge shows what appears to be part of yet another of these markers; this third one no longer stands.