- COORDINATES: 40.618791, -78.922434 (Approximate location of where this marker may have been). The lower photo is believed to be this location.
- COUNTY: Indiana
- DISTANCE TO NEXT: Pine Flats - 3
- EXPLANATION OF NAME: Named After John Heil Weaver Pioneer in the Coal Industry
- FOUNDED: 1904
- MANUFACTURER: Undetermined.
- STATUS: Source/date of top photo unknown. Sign/post missing as of August 2010. Two different Heilwood markers stated Pine Flats as the "next" town but with different distances. Each also had considerably different text. John Weaver's middle name was Heisley. This marker MAY have been a replacement for the other one shown on this database that had incorrect text and thus was subsequently removed.
John Weaver's middle name was Heisley, but he was known as "Heil." The other sign, which notes that a John Heil was a pioneer in the weaving industry, is just plain wrong. Minor errors are sometimes found on the markers, but this is a most glaring error.
Source/date of photo unknown
1942 photo. Marker is shown in middle distance. Photo courtesy of R. Kuzemchak.
PA Route 403 South of town