PA Rt 34 at Goldenville Rd.
Adams County, PA
This is another of the rare Keystone Markers that note an historical event rather than a town or stream name, in this case the 1794 visit of George Washington to the nearby Russell Tavern. Although now a private home, this structure still stands just a few miles north of Gettysburg.
Marker was originally installed along PA Rt 34 at Goldenville Road (just north of Gettysburg)
Found and photographed in Nov. 2012 by J. Graham in a PennDot scrap pile. This marker was originally obtained and installed in 1938 by the D.A.R. (Daughters of the American Revolution); it has been restored by DAR and KMT. Reinstalled July 2013.