- COORDINATES: 41.600673, -75.150714 new location.
41.601771, -75.142290 are coordinates where this marker may have originally been located
- COUNTY: Wayne
- DISTANCE TO NEXT: Honesdale - 9
- EXPLANATION OF NAME: From Large Number of Beech Trees Around Lake
- FOUNDED: 1825
- MANUFACTURER: Carlisle Foundry Carlisle PA
- STATUS: Name of both the town and the lake were changed to "Beach" Lake at some point after this marker was installed. Perhaps one of the saddest Keystone Markers ever recovered. Holes appear to be bullet holes. Berlin Township contracted with KMT to repair/restore this marker. In addition to replacing missing pieces and filling holes, both mounting bands were broken. Marker has been refurbished as of April 2020. It is now installed at the community center.
Sept 2019 photo by Karen Henry
Nov. 2019 photo by J. Graham
March 2020 photo by Matt Wintermantel
April 2020 photo by Mike Wintermantel
April 2020 photo by Mike Wintermantel shows the marker finished
September 2022 photo by Karen Henry.
Originally along PA Route 652